ADDICTION AND PAIN MANAGEMENT
- Is Grandma really using fentanyl? Pitfalls in interpreting toxicology screens
- What’s new in street drugs
- New FDA guidelines for using naloxone
- Treating acute and chronic pain in patients with substance use disorder
- Managing complicated alcohol withdrawal
- Reducing the risk of recurrent opiate overdose at discharge
- What to do when there is no allergist
- Getting rid of the low-risk penicillin allergy label
- New anaphylaxis guidelines
- Class action: sorting out the overlap between penicillin and cephalosporins
- Things we do for no reason: steroids for anaphylaxis?
- Dual anti-platelet therapy after stenting: are we overdoing it?
- Rethinking rhythm control versus rate control for atrial fibrillation
- Peri-operative anticoagulation in patients on DOACs
- Post-op atrial fibrillation: to anticoagulate, or not to anticoagulate?
- SGLT-2 inhibitors: a new standard for CHF treatment
- How low should you go? Hemoglobin targets in acute coronary syndromes
- Reducing readmissions for heart failure: best practices in discharge planning
- Overcoming diuretic resistance in heart failure
- Is it ever OK to stop anticoagulation in unprovoked venous thrombosis?
- When to refer patients with aortic stenosis for TAVR
- Update on pharmacotherapy for delirium
- Reducing delirium complications: is a bedside companion key?
- Hospital-acquired delirium: a risk factor for dementia
- Difficult cases in delirium management
- Can't-miss ECG diagnoses
- Radiology pearls: identifying subtle findings on CXR
- Rapid-fire review of electrolyte, liver, and heme cases
- Contrast or no contrast? Choosing the right imaging protocols
- Dangers of SGLT2 inhibitors: euglycemic DKA and UTIs
- Challenging cases in insulin management
- Best practices for hyperglycemic crises
- New treatments for diabetes and their role in hospital medicine
- Removing race from hospital laboratory calculators and reference ranges
- Anti-racism in hospital medicine
- Improving access to liver transplantation
- New guidelines for ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
- Referral practices for NAFLD/NASH
- New guidelines on management of upper and lower GI bleeds
- Optimal timing for intra-abdominal drainage in necrotizing pancreatitis
- Time to rethink the "GI cocktail?"
- Urgent endoscopy in acute GI bleeding: bad for patients?
- Managing the cirrhotic patient with bleeding and thrombosis
- Too soon? When to resume anticoagulation and antiplatelet agents after a GI bleed
- DOACs for cancer-associated venous thrombosis
- DOAC use in obesity and kidney disease
- Diagnosing and managing thrombocytopenia
- Approach to anemia in the hospitalized patient
- The latest on COVID-associated thrombosis
- New venous thromboembolism guidelines
- Short-course antibiotics for common infections
- New antibiotics for MRSA and multidrug-resistant gram-negative rods
- New treatment guidelines for C. difficile
- When are oral drugs appropriate for bacteremia?
- MRSA bacteremia: is vancomycin enough?
- SARS-CoV-2: the latest on vaccines and variants
- New oral drugs for COVID
- Monoclonal antibodies for COVID-19: do they work against variants?
- Intensive case-based review of inpatient antibiotic therapy
- New antibiotics for complicated UTIs
- Pearls for interpreting culture and sensitivity data
- Palliative care in end-stage dementia
- Alternatives to the 10-point pain scale
- Case-based approach to the complex palliative care patient
- What time is the right time to call palliative care?
- The latest on perioperative aspirin, statins, beta blockers, and ACE inhibitors
- Perioperative anticoagulation: when should patients be bridged?
- Timing of surgery in hip fracture patients
- Reducing pulmonary risk in perioperative patients
- The role of biomarkers in preoperative management
- Tailored steroid therapy in acute exacerbation of COPD
- New asthma guidelines: is albuterol still appropriate for rescue therapy?
- State-of-the-art treatment for asthma and COPD exacerbations
- Current recommendations for high-flow and supplemental O2
- New Surviving Sepsis guidelines
- Dapagliflozin and reduction of progression of chronic kidney disease
- New data: early renal replacement therapy in acute kidney injury
- COVID and acute kidney injury: what the hospitalist needs to know
- Dialysis access: what the hospitalist needs to know
- A salty dispute: LR vs NS revisited
- Diagnosing the patient with acute glomerulonephritis
- Blood pressure management in end-stage renal disease
- The latest on managing hyperkalemia and hyperphosphatemia
- Diagnosing acute kidney injury and acute glomerulonephritis
- New AHA/ASA guidelines for stroke management
- Updates on mechanical thrombectomy for ischemic stroke
- Telestroke: an idea whose time has come?
- Anti-platelet therapy in stroke and TIA
- How long should we monitor for atrial fibrillation after stroke?
- Syncope: when to worry about cardiac causes
- New recommendations for the use of tilt table testing
- Syncope as a presenting symptom of COVID
- Diagnosing the patient with recurrent syncope
- Midodrine for vasovagal syncope?