ADDICTION AND PAIN MANAGEMENT
- New FDA guidelines for naloxone use
- Treating acute and chronic pain in patients with substance use disorder
- Managing complicated alcohol withdrawal
- Alcoholic hallucinosis in the inpatient setting: is haloperidol safe?
- Reducing the risk of recurrent opiate overdose at discharge
- What to do when there is no allergist
- Penicillin allergy: a risk factor for inferior antibiotic treatment
- Getting rid of the low-risk penicillin allergy label
- New anaphylaxis guidelines
- Dual anti-platelet therapy after stenting: are we overdoing it?
- Rethinking rhythm control versus rate control for atrial fibrillation
- Peri-operative anticoagulation in patients on DOACs
- Post-op atrial fibrillation: to anticoagulate, or not to anticoagulate?
- CHA₂DS₂-VASc: more than just a number?
- SGLT-2 inhibitors: a new standard for CHF treatment
- New data on the benefits of IV iron in heart failure
- Overcoming diuretic resistance in heart failure
- Is it ever OK to stop anticoagulation in unprovoked venous thrombosis?
- When to refer patients with aortic stenosis for TAVR
- Update on pharmacotherapy for delirium
- Reducing delirium complications: is a bedside companion key?
- Hospital-acquired delirium: a risk factor for dementia
- Difficult cases in delirium management
- Can't-miss ECG diagnoses
- Radiology pearls: identifying subtle findings on CXR
- Rapid-fire review of electrolyte, liver, and heme cases
- Contrast or no contrast? Choosing the right imaging protocols
- Hyperglycemia in the setting of COVID cytokine storm
- Dangers of SGLT2 inhibitors: euglycemic DKA and UTIs
- Challenging cases in insulin management
- Best practices for hyperglycemic crises
- COVID-19 and the GI tract
- New risk scores for GI bleeding
- Time to rethink the "GI cocktail?"
- Urgent endoscopy in acute GI bleeding: bad for patients?
- Managing bleeding and thrombosis in the cirrhotic patient
- Too soon? Resuming anticoagulation and antiplatelet agents after a GI bleed
- New data on the management of upper GI bleeding
- DOACs for cancer-associated venous thrombosis
- DOAC use in obesity and kidney disease
- Diagnosing and managing thrombocytopenia
- Approach to anemia in the hospitalized patient
- The latest on COVID-associated arterial and venous thrombosis
- Long live the fecal microbiota transplant!
- New strategies to prevent recurrent cellulitis
- New antibiotics for MRSA and highly-resistant gram-negative rods
- Are we underdosing beta-lactams in the critically ill?
- The latest data on COVID-19 vaccines
- Risks for COVID-19 in healthcare workers and their families
- High rates of asymptomatic COVID-19 in nursing home patients
- SARS-CoV-2 mutations: what are the clinical implications?
- Corticosteroids in COVID-19
- Evidence-based treatment for COVID-19: what actually works?
- SARS-CoV-2 reinfection: what does it mean for hospitalists?
- Intensive case-based review of inpatient antibiotic therapy
- New antibiotics for complicated UTIs
- Pearls for interpreting culture and sensitivity data
- Palliative care in end-stage COPD
- Alternatives to the 10-point pain scale
- Case-based approach to the complex palliative care patient
- What time is the right time to call palliative care?
- Should we use BNP to predict perioperative risk?
- The latest on perioperative aspirin, statins, beta-blockers, and ACE inhibitors
- Perioperative anticoagulation: when should patients be bridged?
- Timing of surgery in hip fracture patients
- Reducing pulmonary risk in perioperative patients
- Non-invasive ventilation in COPD: new guidelines
- State of the art treatment for asthma and COPD exacerbations
- Current recommendations for high-flow and supplemental O2
- Are C-reactive protein and procalcitonin useful in COPD and pneumonia management?
- Dapagliflozin and reduction of progression of chronic kidney disease
- New data: early renal replacement therapy in acute kidney injury
- COVID and acute kidney injury: what the hospitalist needs to know
- Dialysis access: what the hospitalist needs to know
- Blood pressure management in end-stage renal disease
- The latest on managing hyperkalemia and hyperphosphatemia
- Diagnosing acute kidney injury and acute glomerulonephritis
- New AHA/ASA guidelines for stroke management
- Updates on mechanical thrombectomy for ischemic stroke
- The unexpected dangers of SSRIs in acute stroke
- Anti-platelet therapy in stroke and TIA
- Syncope: when to worry about cardiac causes
- New recommendations for the use of tilt table testing
- Syncope as a presenting symptom of COVID
- Diagnosing the patient with recurrent syncope