ADDICTION AND PAIN MANAGEMENT
• Common pitfalls in opioid titration for acute pain
• Acute pain management for patients on long-term opioids
• Injectable buprenorphine, naloxone on discharge, and the latest strategies for opioid use disorder
• Non-opioid combination therapy for acute pain
• New strategies for reducing post-op pain requirements
• Testing and desensitization for β-lactam allergies
• Debunking contrast allergy myths
• Contemporary anaphylaxis management
• New data on VTE and occult malignancy
• The YEARS algorithm for PE
• Use of the HEART score and high-sensitivity troponin for chest pain
• Clopidogrel, prasugrel, ticagrelor: How to choose?
• Should we give O2 in acute MI?
• Should we be using PCSK9 inhibitors to prevent cardiovascular events?
• UA/NSTEMI: Invasive vs. conservative strategy?
• STEMI in the community hospital: Lytics vs. transfer for PCI?
• Iron repletion in heart failure
• New HF drugs: Valsartan/sacubitril and ivabradine—should we be using them?
• Strategies for overcoming diuretic resistance
• New onset heart failure: Are we overlooking ischemia?
• New risk score and guidelines on syncope
• Is 1-minute orthostatic testing good enough?
• New guidelines for periprocedural anticoagulation management in AF
• New apixaban protocol for cardioversion
• New data: Ablation for symptomatic heart failure with AF?
• New guideline recommendations for neuroleptics in delirium
• What you need to know about dexmedetomidine and melatonin receptor agonists
• New FDA approval: Pimavanserin—first drug for psychosis in Parkinson's Disease
• New data: Visiting hours and ICU delirium
• Rapid-fire cases for insulin management
• New FDA-approved drugs for DM
• New data: DPP-4 inhibitors—an oral option for new onset DM2?
• What are the optimal glycemic targets for inpatients?
• Diagnosis and management of adrenal insufficiency
• Prognostic value of BUN in upper GI bleed
• New guidelines on the evaluation of abnormal liver chemistries
• Updated guidelines: Invasive vs. conservative management of biliary disorders
• New data: IV albumin + lactulose in severe hepatic encephalopathy
• Should we anticoagulate for portal vein thrombosis?
• Optimal timing of refeeding in acute pancreatitis
• New data: Endoscopy vs. surgery for pancreatic necrosis
• Red flags in hematology
• Newly FDA-approved direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) and reversal agents
• Pearls and case-based review of anemia in the hospitalized patient
• DOACs for MI, HIT, and cancer-associated VTE?
• First new sickle cell therapy in 20 years
• New guidelines on incidental pulmonary nodules
• Oncologic emergencies and diagnostic pearls
• Procalcitonin-guided treatment of acute respiratory infections
• New data: Triple therapy vs. oseltamivir alone for severe influenza
• Updated IDSA/ATS guidelines for HAP and VAP
• Steroids, ß-lactam monotherapy, antibiotic duration, and other CAP updates
• CXR vs. chest CT for CAP
• Is the pendulum swinging? New data on antibiotics + I&D for skin abscess
• New definitions of sepsis and the qSOFA prediction score
• Do shaking chills predict bacteremia?
• New data: A vitamin C-thiamine-hydrocortisone cocktail for sepsis?
• Shock and vasopressors: What is the optimal MAP target?
• Common management dilemmas for UTI
• New FDA-approved antibiotics: Delafloxacin and meropenem/vaborbactam
• CDC health alert: Candida auris—what you need to know
• Case-based review of preoperative guidelines
• To BRIDGE or not to BRIDGE: Recommendations for perioperative anticoagulation
• New data: Should we hold ACE inhibitors before surgery?
• New data: Delayed hip fracture repair and mortality risk
• Mitigating reintubation risk with high-flow O2
• Noninvasive ventilation: A greater role for COPD exacerbation and post-DC?
• The LOTT trial: Rethinking home O2 in COPD
• The FLAME trial: Is the paradigm shifting away from inhaled steroids in COPD?
• New data: 1/3 of asthma misdiagnosed?
• Case-based review of electrolyte disorders
• Rethinking sodium bicarbonate and NAC for contrast-induced nephropathy
• New data: Does vancomycin + piperacillin/tazobactam increase the risk of kidney injury?
• Pearls for the management of HD patients
• Diagnostic pearls: Exam, arthrocentesis, and laboratories
• Recognizing rheumatologic emergencies
• New guidelines for acute gout
• Case-based review of TIA and CVA management
• In the community: When to transfer for endovascular therapy
• Guideline recommendations for thrombolysis and acute stroke management
• Practice change: PFO closure and ischemic stroke
• A new modality: CT perfusion for acute ischemic stroke