SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
October 1-3, 2018.
Information contained in this site is for the 2017 program.
Information for the 2018 program coming soon.
Comprehensive updates, advances, and best practices to optimize inpatient care and outcomes
This special 3-day program enables you to quickly and effectively become current with the wide array of evidence, guidelines and best practices required for optimal inpatient care.
Encompassing a breadth of important hospital medicine conditions, this program pairs the most recent updates with guidance to incorporate them into practice. Coverage includes:
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Critical care
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Acute kidney injury
- Direct oral anticoagulants
- GI bleed
- CNS infections
- Laboratory interpretation
- Pain and palliative care
- Addiction/withdrawal syndromes
- Preoperative evaluation
- Electrolyte disorders
- Venous thromboembolism
- Pancreatobiliary disease
- Liver disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Adrenal disorders
This course covers more than 40 areas of medicine with important changes impacting Physicians, NPs and PAs who provide inpatient care. (See Schedule for full program.) Course lecturers include both hospitalists and specialists, and rank among the best teachers at Harvard Medical School.
- Practical review of direct oral anticoagulants and reversal agents
- Rapid-fire cases on insulin management
- Key updates on pneumonia diagnosis and management
- New pharmacotherapies for opioid addiction
- 2017 GOLD guidelines for COPD
- Pearls for improving laboratory interpretation
- Practical approaches to ß-lactam allergy
- New treatment options for heart failure
- Practice-changing updates for cirrhosis management
- Updated guidelines for sepsis and septic shock
- Click here for a comprehensive list